Friday, August 16, 2013

Fashion Friday: The Skater Skirt

My latest obsession is none other than the skater skirt. I'm not too sure how it got its name, but if were a skater girl, I would not wear this to skate in. But that's not the point.

The point is that they are super cute and easy to style and wear. It's a piece you can dress up for a date with that special someone, or dress down for a shopping trip with the girls.

Personally, whenever I wear them, I like to tuck in my shirt and wear it high-waisted. This gives it more of a preppy look. Also, take advantage of the belt loops, if it has any. This may sound weird but a belt can transform your entire outfit, whether it be a pop of color, or a fun buckle. Another way to wear it is with a cropped top to show a little skin. It adds a bit of sex appeal without being too showy.

When it comes to school, a go-to outfit for me would be my white 3/4 length sleeve button down tucked into my navy skater skirt with a red belt. Another reason why this skirt is my favorite is because the material is heavy enough that I never have to worry about flashing everyone when a gust of wind hits :)

I hope you enjoyed this kind of post as I'll be trying to do it on most Fridays!
Thanks for reading <3
Love always,
Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment