Friday, August 9, 2013

Back To School Must-Haves: Part 2

Part 2 of this mini-series involves wait for it...makeup!
These few things have literally saved me my past few years of high school, and hopefully it will do the same for you!

First off the face. Stick with a lightweight, oil-free foundation formula because the last thing teenage girls need on their face is more oil, trust me. You could even go with BB cream or a tinted moisturizer.
I use MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation. It has SPF 10, which isn't a lot, but it's better than no SPF at all. Protect your skin!

I heard Boscia's BB Cream is amazing, but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

Covergirl's Tinted Moisturizer gives light coverage and isn't oily at all.

Next up, cheeks. I would suggest using a bronzer seeing as it is right after summer vacation.
NYC's Bronzer in Sunny is my favorite. Suck in your cheeks and apply to the hollows, your temples, and under your jawline, using a sweeping motion.

Also choose a blush that gives you a nice flushed look, not too rosy.
MAC's Mineralize Blushes give the perfect look.

Eye time! Stick with neutral eyeshadows, but if you want to add a pop of color, try a bright eyeliner.
Revlon makes awesome neutral eyeshadow palettes. Try this one in Clair de Lune.

For eyeliner, these from HIP, Covergirl, and Maybelline look fantastic!

Finally, the lips. Go for long lasting because you don't want to be constantly reapplying you lip color all day, at least I know I don't. I really like lip stains because once you put them on, they don't feather, smudge, or budge.
My favorite is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain (that's a mouthful!)
One side's the lip balm, and the other's the color, so convenient!

I hope this gave you some ideas of what to pick up for the school season!
For part 1 of this mini-series, where I discuss school fashion necessities, click here!

Love always,
Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment